The annual Meritorious Awards for Engineering Innovation honor engineering excellence and achievement in the upstream petroleum industry. The MEA program recognizes new products and technologies that demonstrate innovation in concept, design and application. E&P magazine editors will present medallions and plaques to the 2018 winners of Hart Energy’s MEAs on Monday, April 30, – opening day of the Offshore Technology Conference in Houston’s NRG Center. The May 2018 issue of E&P will showcase the winners’ technologies.
“Our magazine and its predecessors have consistently honored technical innovation that allows our industry to overcome seemingly impossible challenges,” said Jennifer Presley, Executive Editor, E&P. “The Meritorious Awards for Engineering reflect the best of the best in technological advancement.”
The expert panel of judges included engineers and scientists from operating and consulting companies worldwide; service company professionals were not eligible to join the panel. They applied their knowledge to select winners in their areas of expertise. Judges were excluded from categories in which they or their companies have a business interest.
The 2018 Honorees:
- Lift IQ Production Life Cycle Management Service – Schlumberger
- StingBlock Advanced Stabilization Conical Element Cutter Block – Schlumberger
- CEMPRO+– Pegasus Vertex, Inc.
- Endura® Dual-String Section Mill – Weatherford
- JetPulse® High-Speed Telemetry Service – Halliburton
- DrillCam – Saudi Aramco
- Pulsar Multifunction Spectroscopy Service – Schlumberger
- CO2-EOR and Sequestration Project with a Comprehensive Monitoring Program – Saudi Aramco
HYDRAULIC FRACTURING/PRESSURE PUMPING
- SC Bowhead II – Stage Completions
INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS AND COMPONENTS
- WellWatcher Advisor Real-Time Intelligent Completion Software – Schlumberger
- Torus Insert Safety Valve – Baker Hughes, a GE company
- IMAGE Frac™ 2.0 pressure-based fracture maps – Reveal Energy Services
- AutoTong® System – Weatherford
- Helically Grooved Buoyancy for VIV Suppression – Diamond Offshore Drilling Inc.
About Hart Energy
For more than 40 years, Hart Energy editors and experts have delivered market-leading insights to investors and energy industry professionals. The Houston-based company produces award-winning monthly magazines (such as Oil and Gas Investor, E&P and Midstream Business); online news and data services; in-depth industry conferences (like the DUG™ conference series); GIS data sets and mapping solutions; and a range of research and consulting services through Stratas Advisors. For information, visit hartenergy.com.